In a recent survey conducted by Runner In Training, runners told us:
- Top 3 reasons you run? To maintain a healthy lifestyle, to de-stress and to have fun.
- Only 50% of runners surveyed are incorporating strength training into their running routines.
- Runners enjoy learning and being around others. Group track workouts, running-specific workshops/clinics and social events topped the list of events runners polled were interested in attending.
- Nearly 3/4 would be interested in personalized training plans. Many plan to run several 5Ks and 10ks this year; but 80% are working towards completing a half marathon in 2017.
- 50% of runners have considered hiring a coach.